COURSES & WORKSHOPS
18-Hour YMFR Teacher Certification
Next up . . .
Calgary, Alberta July 28, 29, 30
Vancouver, B.C. Sept. 29, 30, Oct. 1
About the Course
This course was created to teach runners, yoga practitioners, and coaches how the enormous benefits of Hatha yoga can be used to effectively address the seemingly intractable problem of running injuries.
With its running-focused curriculum, course participants are provided with cutting-edge information on how yoga will build strong, resilient, injury-resistant bodies.
Yoga offers an antidote for many of the afflictions suffered by runners and the Yoga Made for Runners program and certificate course guides participants to the place where running and yoga meet.
This course is open to anyone and everyone, there are no prerequisites other than an adventurous spirit and a curious mind.
Some Course Topics
- Running and the injury nemesis
- YMFR’s six elements: balance, mobility, flexibility, strength, stability, breathing
- How conscious breathing creates stability on three key levels
- The genius of our breath and how it stabilizes us on three key levels.
- The anatomy and biomechanics of breathing
- The false promise of flexibility
- Core stability and running: a crucial relationship
- Ankle and big toe mobility: vital to healthy running
- Balance: an essential skill for runners
- Breathing techniques in running
- The joint-by-joint approach and the the stability-mobility continuum
Continuing Education Credits
For fitness professionals continuing education credits/hours/units are available from the following organizations . . .
BCRPA 16 credits
AFLCA 12 hours
CanFitPro 4 credits (PTS & FIS)
Yoga Alliance (USA) 16 hours
Friday 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
*This can vary depending on course location, here’s the schedule for Calgary and Vancouver
$600 + GST (5%) = $630
- 16 hours of teaching
- A 200-page manual
- Runner’s Yoga DVD
- Mike’s Yoga Made for Runners DVD
- Completion certificate
- Post-course support and consultation
About Mike Dennison
Hi everyone, I’m Mike and YMFR is my baby. I discovered yoga in 1996 after nagging injuries were getting in the way of my running. Since then I’ve amassed an extensive background in both running and yoga. With over 25 years of running experience, including 10 marathon finishes and a best time of 2:32, I’ve accumulated extensive, first-hand knowledge on all aspects of running and have particular expertise in running anatomy and injuries.
I’m also an E-500 RYT and YACEP (Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider) with the Yoga Alliance (USA). In 21 years I’ve taught yoga to thousands of students of all abilities and backgrounds, but now my specialty is teaching yoga to runners.
If you have any questions about my course feel free to drop me a line at email@example.com
- The student must provide written notice that they are withdrawing from the course.
- The notice of withdrawal must be received before midnight of the first day of the course or no refund will be given.
- Send the withdrawal notice to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refunds are not given if the notice is received after midnight of the first day of each course.
- Your money will be refunded in full minus $50 if the request is made before midnight of the first day of the course.
- If course payment has been by check or money order, any refund will be given only after the check or money order has cleared the bank.
- If payment has been made through PayPal, any refund will be given only after being processed by PayPal and the bank or credit card company.
- Refunds can take up to 30 days to be processed.
PAST EVENTS / WORKSHOPS
Halifax Certificate Training Program:
Yoga Made For Runners 15-Hour Certificate Training Program
Halifax: October 26, &27, 2013
12 hours (2 days, 4 hours day one, 8 hours day two)
(Calgary area) WORKSHOP – NOV 23rd 2013:
June 8 – 9 2013
Kamloops 2-day workshop
June 14 – 16 2013
Vancouver Teacher Training – info brochure here
Atlantic Canada Workshop Tour 2013
Feb. 9 Fredericton, NB
Feb. 10 Moncton, NB
Feb. 16 Halifax, NS
|New Brunswick||Nova Scotia|
Join Mike at the annual Yoga Conference and Show in Vancouver
November 9th – 11th at the Vancouver Convention Center
Find out more: theyogaconference.com/vancouver/faculty
Vancouver Yoga Made for Runners Workshop at Semperviva
Saturday, March 3 & Sunday, March 4
A two-day, six-hour workshop at Yoga For Today (www.yogafortoday.ca) in Sherwood Park, Alberta on June 25 & 26, 2011
WHISTLER TRAIL RUNNING & RUNNERS’ YOGA CAMP
This August 11 – 14 near Whistler, B.C., a running, hiking and yoga camp will be held. Please let me know if you’re interested in being part of it. More details:
Download the PDF for your fridge:
Trail Running, Hiking & Yoga Camp.pdf!